Reynolds Gate Residents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Parks/Gardens/Communal areas

5 posters

Go down

Car Parks/Gardens/Communal areas Empty Car Parks/Gardens/Communal areas

Post  David_Busby Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:14 am

Car Parks/Gardens/Communal areas
David_Busby
David_Busby
Admin

https://reynolds.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Car Parks/Gardens/Communal areas Empty Re: Car Parks/Gardens/Communal areas

Post  tcommon Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:21 am

This letter continues from my letter on the 24th October and e-mail on 13th November, neither of which have been answered. I have also phone nearly every day, on Friday every hour trying to talk to Nicola, Sabrina or Simon about Bassett House, and have left messages asking them to call me back. While I appreciate that you are busy, I feel that if I can make the effort to call you could at least reply. I am not calling to pester or harass you, merely because there are issues that have not been sorted out.

While some of these are maintenance issues that are not urgent, they are mounting up. I have once again included a list of these below.
Others are things that cannot wait, and I fail to understand why County Estate Management is waiting to send someone out.
The first one is the fact that the doors are not locking (the pedestrian door next to the car entrance to the garage and both of the doors from the garage into the block of flats). These have been broken since at least August when I moved into the flat. Surely it must be possible to send someone out to repair them? The consequences are that anyone from the street can walk straight into the garage, get undisturbed access to any of the cars, and then proceed into the block of flats themselves. A fellow resident reported that they found 2 people sleeping rough by the lift at 6:15 am on Wednesday morning. Surely this highlights the security issue to you?
The second issue is, as you know the leak in the entrance lobby. I believe that this is being dealt with in a manner of speaking, but I am concerned that it has taken so long for someone to be sent out. When I first contacted you, the damage to the wall was minimal. Now however, the area damaged in much larger, and there is a mould growing on the wall. While it was previously believed that the water was coming from flat 23, the fact that it turns out that it this is not the case proves that some involvement from CEM at an earlier stage would have been appropriate, more cost effective and responsible.

Here are the other points, some correspond to my previous letter, so others are ones that fellow residents have made me aware of:

Ø Door from garage into the flats is not locked – you do not need to use the key fob to get in – means that anyone can get into Bassett House from the garages

Ø Door from outside into the garage (next to the car entrance) is broken, on both side of the building

Ø Corridors and stairwell have not been cleaned – the cleaners came once, but as far as I can tell they have not been back.

Ø Giant watermark in the corridor past the foyer from leak – where is it coming from, has the leak been dealt with, and if so, when will the wall be redone?

Ø Bike shed door lock does not shut into the lock

Ø Key pad lock to the bin room doesn't lock

Ø The sensor light in the bin room does not come on until you are at the back of the room. Considering that the door is not locked and that we have had people sleeping rough I do not feel comfortable going in there after dark

Ø Light on stairwell (Upper ground floor?) is broken, and on the 1st floor outside flat 40

Ø Many of the lights on the 2nd floor do not turn on

Ø Grass has not been cut in gardens, still

Ø Huge amount of large weeds, especially thistles in the flower beds and in the planters that the trees are in, this is getting worse

Ø Stains on the carpet in the corridor from builders before I moved in have not been removed, which does not look particularly presentable

Ø Other residents are leaving bags with rubbish in on the landing

Ø There is a large pile of rubbish in the garages, largely comprising of leftovers from carpets being fitted. I do not know who they come from, but they need to be removed

Ø There are items in the bin rooms which have not been put in the bins, and seeing as neither the refuse collectors nor the residents seem to be prepared to put them into the bins to be disposed off, I have done this. The items that remain are too heavy for me to move by myself so CEM will have to organise for this to be done

I will expect a reply as soon as possible
tcommon
tcommon

Back to top Go down

Car Parks/Gardens/Communal areas Empty Contact with Management Company

Post  Alli Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:03 am

[b]Hi, I wouldn't expect a reply too soon - I called and left about 4 messages for Sabrina with no reply and sent an email to Simon with no reply. Good luck! Alli, Lawrie House

Alli

http://www.motivatingmum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tcommon Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:07 am

lol beat you, phone 6 times today :)
tcommon
tcommon

Back to top Go down

Car Parks/Gardens/Communal areas Empty car parks/communal areas/contact with management company

Post  patery Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:38 am

Hi

I have lived at 11 Plough Lane since Feb09 ... what attracted me to the flat was it was brand new, with security doors both from the streets and the carpark, a secure parking area and most of all I felt reasonably safe. As a single woman living on her own this was very important to me.

Within a month or so of moving in the security door from the carpark into the block was broken ... you no longer needed to use the keyfob ... namely because right underneath the keyfob is a button to press to overide the door locking mechanism !!
Initially the broken door was fixed but to my horror I returned home after work one evening to find that the entire area between the carpark and lobby area had been vandelised - graffeti now adorned the walls, the area by the door had been used as a toilet and light fittings broken - to this day other tha cleaning off a small part of the writing on the walls this has never been cleaned up.

Since July the door from the carpark has remained broken - and the area by the door is now frequently used as a lavatory and the stench is becoming untenable - I have tried to clean this myself as the cleaners do not appear to take any interest.

11 Plough Lane also has no access to its communal garden .... as pretty as it is ... when the grass is cut, the door from our block remains firmly locked with no way of us getting into the garden unless we walk all the way rouns to Basset House and come in the back gate .... This is not how the communal garden was sold to me ?? also surely a locked door on the first floor poses a risk in the event of a fire ??

from a personal point of view there is a pipe above above my car which constantly leaks onto my car .... I of course cannot park elsewhere even though the 5 spaces either side of me are not in use because I have been told in no uncertain terms by our 'friendly clampers' that I will be clamped and fined.

My point in writing on here is that I I have lost count of how many calls I have made to Simon at CEM since March and I have also now written 4 letters and have yet to receive the curteosy of a reply. I am begginning to wonder if CEM or indeed Simon actually does exist ?!

It would be great if this group could prompt a response from CEM or even arrange a residents meeting with them. We have a lovely place to live and it would seem a shame to see the development fall into shambles because our management company seemed incapable of actually maintainging the premises.
patery
patery

Back to top Go down

Post  162 Reed House Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:36 pm

tcommon wrote:This letter continues from my letter on the 24th October and e-mail on 13th November, neither of which have been answered. I have also phone nearly every day, on Friday every hour trying to talk to Nicola, Sabrina or Simon about Bassett House, and have left messages asking them to call me back. While I appreciate that you are busy, I feel that if I can make the effort to call you could at least reply. I am not calling to pester or harass you, merely because there are issues that have not been sorted out.

While some of these are maintenance issues that are not urgent, they are mounting up. I have once again included a list of these below.
Others are things that cannot wait, and I fail to understand why County Estate Management is waiting to send someone out.
The first one is the fact that the doors are not locking (the pedestrian door next to the car entrance to the garage and both of the doors from the garage into the block of flats). These have been broken since at least August when I moved into the flat. Surely it must be possible to send someone out to repair them? The consequences are that anyone from the street can walk straight into the garage, get undisturbed access to any of the cars, and then proceed into the block of flats themselves. A fellow resident reported that they found 2 people sleeping rough by the lift at 6:15 am on Wednesday morning. Surely this highlights the security issue to you?
The second issue is, as you know the leak in the entrance lobby. I believe that this is being dealt with in a manner of speaking, but I am concerned that it has taken so long for someone to be sent out. When I first contacted you, the damage to the wall was minimal. Now however, the area damaged in much larger, and there is a mould growing on the wall. While it was previously believed that the water was coming from flat 23, the fact that it turns out that it this is not the case proves that some involvement from CEM at an earlier stage would have been appropriate, more cost effective and responsible.

Here are the other points, some correspond to my previous letter, so others are ones that fellow residents have made me aware of:

Ø Door from garage into the flats is not locked – you do not need to use the key fob to get in – means that anyone can get into Bassett House from the garages

Ø Door from outside into the garage (next to the car entrance) is broken, on both side of the building

Ø Corridors and stairwell have not been cleaned – the cleaners came once, but as far as I can tell they have not been back.

Ø Giant watermark in the corridor past the foyer from leak – where is it coming from, has the leak been dealt with, and if so, when will the wall be redone?

Ø Bike shed door lock does not shut into the lock

Ø Key pad lock to the bin room doesn't lock

Ø The sensor light in the bin room does not come on until you are at the back of the room. Considering that the door is not locked and that we have had people sleeping rough I do not feel comfortable going in there after dark

Ø Light on stairwell (Upper ground floor?) is broken, and on the 1st floor outside flat 40

Ø Many of the lights on the 2nd floor do not turn on

Ø Grass has not been cut in gardens, still

Ø Huge amount of large weeds, especially thistles in the flower beds and in the planters that the trees are in, this is getting worse

Ø Stains on the carpet in the corridor from builders before I moved in have not been removed, which does not look particularly presentable

Ø Other residents are leaving bags with rubbish in on the landing

Ø There is a large pile of rubbish in the garages, largely comprising of leftovers from carpets being fitted. I do not know who they come from, but they need to be removed

Ø There are items in the bin rooms which have not been put in the bins, and seeing as neither the refuse collectors nor the residents seem to be prepared to put them into the bins to be disposed off, I have done this. The items that remain are too heavy for me to move by myself so CEM will have to organise for this to be done

I will expect a reply as soon as possible

Hey did you receive a reply eventually on any of these issues? Jon Flat 162 Reed House

162 Reed House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum